In 1980, Armstrong County PA deployed a fleet of experts in architecture and history to scour the region looking for historic structures, including buildings and bridges. Nearly 30 historic structures in Apollo PA were included in their analysis (including the Simon Truby farmhouse!), and a dozen more in North Apollo.
Check out these blog posts to see examples of Apollo-area houses and buildings included in this county sites survey:
- Apollo & the Historic Sites Survey of 1980-81
- Apollo/North Apollo Interactive Historic Sites Map
- Apollo’s “folk-type” architecture
- Apollo’s Historic House Styles: Bungalow & Upright-and-Wing
- Architectural Old Gems in North Apollo PA
- Commercial Break: Apollo’s Historic Business Buildings