SimonTrubys1844-LandPurchase In 1843, Simon Truby of Warren (now Apollo) purchased 156+ acres of land from Dr. James R. Speer and his wife Hettie of Pittsburgh, at a cost of $3,000. Truby’s original farm included the north end of Apollo above 5th Street, parts of Oak Hill, Pegtown, and North Apollo up to about 16th Street.

Simon Truby’s 156-acre farm

Simon Truby farmhouse, circa 1890, at left. Sometime before 1950, a brick pantry and later a garage was added to what used to be the front of the house. The facade facing Terrace Ave today used to be the back of the house. Then&Now

Then and Now